What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files most sites store on devices that allow users to access the Internet to identify them. The storage of cookies is under the full control of the browser that the user has — it can limit or disable cookies storage.
MAPETROL uses three groups of cookies:
1st Group: They are required for the site to function properly. They set up when you log into the Customer Portal or interact with any website that opens by clicking on links. We do not need to obtain your consent for these cookies under GDPR.
2nd Group: These cookies are used to analyse the visits to our site. Data is captured anonymously. This cookie group is automatically downloaded, and we do not need to obtain your consent under GDPR.
3rd Group: These cookies are for marketing purposes and are used to track users when they visit different websites. They are designed to show relevant and engaging ads to the individual user, as well as to prevent ads that the user has already seen. This information is collected in a non-personal form.
If you agree to the installation of all cookies click "I agree". You can change your choice at any time.
Why are cookies needed?
They are fundamental to providing user-friendly online services. The interaction between the web user and the website is faster and easier with the help of cookies. With their help, the site remembers the user's preferences and experiences, saves time and makes browsing the sites more efficient and friendly.
Here are some specific examples of Cookies:
- to improve the user experience of the website, and show visitors content based on past visits;
- to store choice when creating shortlisted devices and offers, and when comparing them;
- to keep you logged in on parts of websites where sign-in is required;
- to identify device (computer, tablet, cell phone) and to customize the content displayed to your device;
- to monitor the visit, to check the effectiveness of content delivery and the relevance of ads, and to continually improve web pages;
- certain cookies are necessary for the functioning of certain services (f.e., electronic registration of selected packages and other forms of e-commerce, …)
What types of Cookies do we use
Types of Cookies used by the Website, the purpose for which different Cookies are used, their issuer and retention period of personal data collected through the use of a specific type of Cookies are specified in the table below:
Purpose for which a Cookie is used
Issuer of a Cookie
Retention period of personal data collected
Used to distinguish users.
Allows secure submission of forms.
Manages website cookie consent.
Cookie settings available on the Website may be managed in the pop-up bar or at the bottom of the website.
Alternatively, you can manage the use of some or all Cookies that are not strictly necessary for the functioning of the Website through cookie settings embedded in your browser in accordance with the following instructions:
- Instructions to manage cookies in Google Chrome;
- Instructions to manage cookies in Mozilla Firefox;
- Instructions to manage cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer;
- Instructions to manage cookies in Apple Safari.
If you have any question, please contact us via email at info@MAPETROL.com
©MAPETROL (January, 2022)